MARION, Va. - Rolling Thunder will be rolling into Marion, Virginia Thursday for a very special dedication.
The town of Marion, along with the Marion VFW Post 4467 and the East Tennessee Chapter of Rolling Thunder will all gather at the Smyth County Courthouse for the dedication of the "Missing Man Chair" at noon. It's a special monument to the prisoners of war and veterans still missing in action.
Members of the VFW plan to place 700 white crosses and American flags on the lawn to remember the Smyth County veterans who have passed.
Other Memorial Day events include a concert Sunday, May 26th titled "Letters From Home". It will be at the Lincoln Theatre at 2:00 p.m.
And the 7th annual Memorial Day Parade will be Monday at 10:00am on Main Street.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake