SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - One person is confirmed dead after a crash on Interstate 81 near Marion.
Monday at 2:58 p.m., Virginia State Police were called to the scene of a single-vehicle crash in the northbound lanes of I-81 near the 48 mile marker.
The crash involved a motorcycle. There was one confirmed fatality; the victim's name has not been released.
All lanes were reopened as of 3:45 p.m.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record