SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - One person is confirmed dead after a crash on Interstate 81 near Marion.
Monday at 2:58 p.m., Virginia State Police were called to the scene of a single-vehicle crash in the northbound lanes of I-81 near the 48 mile marker.
The crash involved a motorcycle. There was one confirmed fatality; the victim's name has not been released.
All lanes were reopened as of 3:45 p.m.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend