SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - We now know the name of the victim of a shooting in Smyth County, Virginia on Sunday.
The Smyth County Sheriff's Office says that the victim was 52-year-old Lola Lowe.
Authorities say they received a call Sunday from 22-year-old Destinea Rowe saying she shot another woman at a home on Saint-Clair's Creek Road in Chilhowie.
Deputies tell us when they arrived they found Lowe, who was shot in the chest.
She was taken to Johnston Memorial Hospital in Abingdon where she died.
Investigators told News 5, Rowe was in the home.
She was arrested and charged with murder.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death