SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - We now know the name of the victim of a shooting in Smyth County, Virginia on Sunday.
The Smyth County Sheriff's Office says that the victim was 52-year-old Lola Lowe.
Authorities say they received a call Sunday from 22-year-old Destinea Rowe saying she shot another woman at a home on Saint-Clair's Creek Road in Chilhowie.
Deputies tell us when they arrived they found Lowe, who was shot in the chest.
She was taken to Johnston Memorial Hospital in Abingdon where she died.
Investigators told News 5, Rowe was in the home.
She was arrested and charged with murder.
- Updated UPDATE: Greene Co. Sheriff says missing teen could be in N.C.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Baby makes three Abingdon women in same family born on same day
- Updated UPDATE: Southern Conference to keep championship games in N.C.
- Save the Peeps: Workers of famous marshmallows end strike