MARION, Va. - The Sonic drive-in in Marion, Virginia was robbed over the weekend and police are asking for help from the public.
The police are working multiple leads right now as they sort through everything found at the scene.
The best tool for police is the surveillance video which they hope will help bring the robbers in. "They entered the rear of the store while one of the employees had gone to dump the trash," Marion Police Lt. Andrew Moss said. "They entered with handguns, demanded money and left as quickly as they came in."
The employee who had gone outside was bound with tape and thrown in the dumpster. While the robbers were inside he was out front flagging down a driver to call 911. When police arrived the robbers were already gone.
"We are asking that anybody in that area close to one Sunday morning if they observed anything to give us a call," Moss requested. "If they can help with anything suspicious they saw."
- Important information for DISH Network subscribers
- Local TN lawmaker introduces bill to eliminate open carry permit for handguns
- People traveling from the Tri-Cities to D.C. for Trump's Inauguration
- MLK Day brings people out to clean up river bank near Saltville
- Emory and Henry College celebrates MLK Day