A 17-year-old student has been arrested and charged after a written bomb threat was found inside Marion Senior High School in Smyth County on Wednesday.
Sheriff Chip Shuler reported the threat was discovered just after 10 a.m. and the school's resource office was notified. Other personnel from the Sheriff's Office along with personnel from the Virginia State Police responded to the scene, the report said.
The juvenile has been charged with felony communication of a bomb threat and was released to a parent, Shuler said.
- Black Friday preparations: Retailers gearing up for shopping rush
- Thanksgiving travel creating high traffic; law enforcement taking extra measures
- Report: Man posts threat on Facebook planning to kill everyone in Knoxville with bomb
- Tennessee Highway Patrol encourages safe driving during holiday
- Salvation Army looks for volunteers for Red Kettle Campaign