MARION, Va. - The Marion Police Department tells says 35-year-old Francis John Maguire is facing charges in the first stabbing case.
It was reported around 4:15 a.m. Tuesday morning to an apartment building on Hume Place.
Police say Jeremiah Alexander Morris was stabbed twice in the chest.
Officers say Maguire was a visitor at the apartment and is now charged with malicious wounding.
Then just before 7:00 p.m. Marion officers were called to another stabbing, this one was in the 700 block of Matson Drive.
Police say 29-year old Daniel Adam Robinette had been stabbed several times in the back.
His brother, 34-year-old Eric Michael Robinette, was arrested and charged with malicious wounding.
Both suspects are being held in the Southwest Regional Jail in Washington County.
We're told victims in both cases were taken to Smyth County Community Hospital.
Their conditions are not available at this time, but police say the injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
- Johnson City Police cruisers damaged after hour-long car chase
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools