MARION, Va. - The Marion Police Department tells says 35-year-old Francis John Maguire is facing charges in the first stabbing case.
It was reported around 4:15 a.m. Tuesday morning to an apartment building on Hume Place.
Police say Jeremiah Alexander Morris was stabbed twice in the chest.
Officers say Maguire was a visitor at the apartment and is now charged with malicious wounding.
Then just before 7:00 p.m. Marion officers were called to another stabbing, this one was in the 700 block of Matson Drive.
Police say 29-year old Daniel Adam Robinette had been stabbed several times in the back.
His brother, 34-year-old Eric Michael Robinette, was arrested and charged with malicious wounding.
Both suspects are being held in the Southwest Regional Jail in Washington County.
We're told victims in both cases were taken to Smyth County Community Hospital.
Their conditions are not available at this time, but police say the injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
- Updated Fire in Abingdon sends man to hospital
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue
- Is the election stressing you out? You're not alone.
- Avoca community rallies for girl's Diabetes service dog
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million