MARION, Va. - The town of Marion, Virginia is offering free classes to help jump-start future businesses.
Town officials say the class is an eight-week long boot-camp. The class will help entrepreneurs create effective business plans and will help participates to figure out credit plans.
We've learned if you take the class, you qualify for future grants to start your own business. "We'll give you up to $5,000 to help cover your utilities for the first six months and rent. We'll give you $1,000 worth of advertising credit, and we'll give you membership to the Chamber of Commerce. We'll help you get your business started," said Ken Heath, Director of Marion Downtown.
We've learned two businesses have already received funding from the first boot camp held last fall.
If you would like more information on this class, call (276) 783-4190.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator