MARION, Va. - The town of Marion, Virginia is offering free classes to help jump-start future businesses.
Town officials say the class is an eight-week long boot-camp. The class will help entrepreneurs create effective business plans and will help participates to figure out credit plans.
We've learned if you take the class, you qualify for future grants to start your own business. "We'll give you up to $5,000 to help cover your utilities for the first six months and rent. We'll give you $1,000 worth of advertising credit, and we'll give you membership to the Chamber of Commerce. We'll help you get your business started," said Ken Heath, Director of Marion Downtown.
We've learned two businesses have already received funding from the first boot camp held last fall.
If you would like more information on this class, call (276) 783-4190.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting