MARION, Va. - The town of Marion, Virginia is offering free classes to help jump-start future businesses.
Town officials say the class is an eight-week long boot-camp. The class will help entrepreneurs create effective business plans and will help participates to figure out credit plans.
We've learned if you take the class, you qualify for future grants to start your own business. "We'll give you up to $5,000 to help cover your utilities for the first six months and rent. We'll give you $1,000 worth of advertising credit, and we'll give you membership to the Chamber of Commerce. We'll help you get your business started," said Ken Heath, Director of Marion Downtown.
We've learned two businesses have already received funding from the first boot camp held last fall.
If you would like more information on this class, call (276) 783-4190.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day