NEW YORK, N.Y. - A Southwest Virginia man, wanted on outstanding charges of sexual assault, has been arrested by U.S. Marshals in New York City.
The U.S. marshals task force tells us Jacky Cheng, owner of Marion, Virginia's Great Wall Chinese Restaurant, is charged with animate object sexual penetration by force or threat.
The U.S. Marshals office says the alleged victim is a child younger than 18.
Marshals say Cheng was arrested without incident.
He is now in a New York City Detention Center awaiting extradition to Smyth County.
- Updated Fire in Abingdon sends man to hospital
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue
- Is the election stressing you out? You're not alone.
- Avoca community rallies for girl's Diabetes service dog
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million