SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - A Konnarock, Virginia man has died in an ATV accident.
An off duty Smyth County deputy was contacted around 8:30 Thursday night concerning a man who had not returned from working on his farm. Deputies with the Smyth County Sheriffs Office say Phillip Grady, 63, was found after a brief search of the farm.
The sheriffs office told us it appears Grady died from injuries when his ATV rolled over a hill, pinning him underneath.
No foul play is suspected.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash