SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - A Konnarock, Virginia man has died in an ATV accident.
An off duty Smyth County deputy was contacted around 8:30 Thursday night concerning a man who had not returned from working on his farm. Deputies with the Smyth County Sheriffs Office say Phillip Grady, 63, was found after a brief search of the farm.
The sheriffs office told us it appears Grady died from injuries when his ATV rolled over a hill, pinning him underneath.
No foul play is suspected.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator