SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - The Smyth County Sheriff's office has charged 66 year old Edward McGhee with reckless handling of a firearm.
The sheriff's office got a call around 6:30 Thursday night about a shooting on St. Clairs Creek Road.
According to the officers on the scene, McGhee locked himself in a bedroom to get away from his son. When the son tried to enter the room, McGhee fired a shot into the ceiling and then fired another shot in the air.
No one was injured in the shooting.
McGhee is scheduled to be in Smyth County's court on December 19th.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day