SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - The Smyth County Sheriff's office has charged 66 year old Edward McGhee with reckless handling of a firearm.
The sheriff's office got a call around 6:30 Thursday night about a shooting on St. Clairs Creek Road.
According to the officers on the scene, McGhee locked himself in a bedroom to get away from his son. When the son tried to enter the room, McGhee fired a shot into the ceiling and then fired another shot in the air.
No one was injured in the shooting.
McGhee is scheduled to be in Smyth County's court on December 19th.
- New Wise County authorities search for missing woman
- Updated Governor Terry McAuliffe visits health care clinic
- New Former NASCAR driver Stewart stopped by Illinois trooper
- New Tennessee, Virginia among 46 states to share in Target data breach settlement
- Two men publicly caned in Indonesia for having gay sex