SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - The Smyth County Sheriff's office has charged 66 year old Edward McGhee with reckless handling of a firearm.
The sheriff's office got a call around 6:30 Thursday night about a shooting on St. Clairs Creek Road.
According to the officers on the scene, McGhee locked himself in a bedroom to get away from his son. When the son tried to enter the room, McGhee fired a shot into the ceiling and then fired another shot in the air.
No one was injured in the shooting.
McGhee is scheduled to be in Smyth County's court on December 19th.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend