SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - The Smyth County Sheriff's office has charged 66 year old Edward McGhee with reckless handling of a firearm.
The sheriff's office got a call around 6:30 Thursday night about a shooting on St. Clairs Creek Road.
According to the officers on the scene, McGhee locked himself in a bedroom to get away from his son. When the son tried to enter the room, McGhee fired a shot into the ceiling and then fired another shot in the air.
No one was injured in the shooting.
McGhee is scheduled to be in Smyth County's court on December 19th.
- Dolly Parton films final scenes at Dollywood for her new Christmas movie
- Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development