SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - Things are back to normal in Smyth County after several schools were placed on a modified lockdown, Tuesday morning.
The Smyth County Sheriff's office says they received a report of a suspicious person on the grounds of Atkins Elementary School. The woman was reportedly acting strangely and ran away when confronted.
Deputies later found an abandoned car near Oak Point Elementary School. Authorities decided to lockdown Oak Point, Smyth Career and Technology Center, Chilhowie Elementary and Chilhowie High School.
Chilhowie Police later found the woman and took her into custody for mental health issues.
- New Wise County authorities search for missing woman
- Updated Governor Terry McAuliffe visits health care clinic
- New Former NASCAR driver Stewart stopped by Illinois trooper
- New Tennessee, Virginia among 46 states to share in Target data breach settlement
- Two men publicly caned in Indonesia for having gay sex