MARION, Va. - Just after 10:30 Monday night,Marion Fire crews responded to a motor vehicle accident on North Main Street, near the entrance to Food City.
One vehicle, a 2010 Subaru Impreza was on its top with the driver pinned in.The other vehicle, a 2006 Jeep Commander was disabled near the entrance to Bradley's Funeral Home.
Members of the Marion Life Saving Crew stabilized the patient in the car while firefighters cut off the rear passenger side door to free the driver.
The driver of the car and the passenger in the SUV were transported to Smyth County Community Hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries. The driver of the Jeep was charged with failure to Yield and Driving on a Suspended or Revoked License.
The names and conditions of the victims and drivers were not released.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport