SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - According to a Virginia State Police trooper, a man on trial for manslaughter after a deadly DUI crash was found not guilty Thursday.
Dakota Miller was facing three counts of Involuntary Manslaughter in Smyth County for the deaths of 21-year-old Sarah Clark of Lebanon, Virginia, 23-year-old Richard Schmidt of Marion, Virginia and 20-year-old Chelsea Leah-Jordan Altice of Salem, Virginia.
Virginia State Police say Miller was under the influence when he crashed a car on Laurel Springs Road in July. The young women were passengers in the car.
- New KPS Global completes $1M expansion in Piney Flats facility
- Exide Technologies withdraws application to reopen, News 5 uncovers dozens of violations in its past
- Southwest Virginia leaders focus on re-entry efforts for inmates
- Wise man who stole ginseng roots given probation
- UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman