SMYTH CO, Va. - More than 100 jobs are coming to southwest Virginia.
A chinese furniture maker is establishing its first U.S. subsidiary in Smyth County.
The two-point-one million dollar project was announced today.
The New Ridge Subsidiary of Liaoyang Ningfeng Woodenware company says the plant will manufacture furniture components for the chinese market.
Governor Bob McDonnell says Virginia beat out three other states for the project.
- Updated Police investigation into Newport News suspect ends in Smyth County
- Greene County teen admits to murder
- Updated Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger
- Hot summer weather ruins crops in the region, benefits others
- Police identify person of interest in old General Mills building fire