Smyth County, Va. - Heavy rain and flooding has caused downed trees and flooded roadways in Southwest Va.
Ken Heath, Director of Marion Downtown tells us many roads are covered by storm water.
Some of the areas that have seen the most impact include the lower end of Main Street in Marion.
In Smyth County, parts of Sugar Grove Highway and Highway 16 are flooded, and steer clear of Apple Valley Road in Chilhowie.
In Saltville the Allison's Gap community has been hit hard.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport