Smyth County, Va. - Heavy rain and flooding has caused downed trees and flooded roadways in Southwest Va.
Ken Heath, Director of Marion Downtown tells us many roads are covered by storm water.
Some of the areas that have seen the most impact include the lower end of Main Street in Marion.
In Smyth County, parts of Sugar Grove Highway and Highway 16 are flooded, and steer clear of Apple Valley Road in Chilhowie.
In Saltville the Allison's Gap community has been hit hard.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City