Smyth County, Va. - Heavy rain and flooding has caused downed trees and flooded roadways in Southwest Va.
Ken Heath, Director of Marion Downtown tells us many roads are covered by storm water.
Some of the areas that have seen the most impact include the lower end of Main Street in Marion.
In Smyth County, parts of Sugar Grove Highway and Highway 16 are flooded, and steer clear of Apple Valley Road in Chilhowie.
In Saltville the Allison's Gap community has been hit hard.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting