Smyth County, Va. - Heavy rain and flooding has caused downed trees and flooded roadways in Southwest Va.
Ken Heath, Director of Marion Downtown tells us many roads are covered by storm water.
Some of the areas that have seen the most impact include the lower end of Main Street in Marion.
In Smyth County, parts of Sugar Grove Highway and Highway 16 are flooded, and steer clear of Apple Valley Road in Chilhowie.
In Saltville the Allison's Gap community has been hit hard.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone