CHILHOWIE, Va. - A Smyth County, Virginia grand jury has indicted four Chilhowie residents in the death of Steven Neal Williams last October.
Commonwealth's aAttorney Roy Evans tells News 5 that Gray Wayne Brown, Jason Dale Martin, Helena Marie Taylor and Allen Dean Matthews were all indicted on charges of murder, abduction, use of a firearm in commission of a felony, conspiracy to commit murder and conspiracy to commit abduction.
Police answered a call that a shooting incident had occurred at Sunrise Lane in Chilhowie in October. When they arrived they found the body of Steven Williams.
All four remain in custody as of Tuesday evening. No court date has been set.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect
- Southwest VA school gets national recognition