CHILHOWIE, Va. - A Smyth County, Virginia grand jury has indicted four Chilhowie residents in the death of Steven Neal Williams last October.
Commonwealth's aAttorney Roy Evans tells News 5 that Gray Wayne Brown, Jason Dale Martin, Helena Marie Taylor and Allen Dean Matthews were all indicted on charges of murder, abduction, use of a firearm in commission of a felony, conspiracy to commit murder and conspiracy to commit abduction.
Police answered a call that a shooting incident had occurred at Sunrise Lane in Chilhowie in October. When they arrived they found the body of Steven Williams.
All four remain in custody as of Tuesday evening. No court date has been set.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next