ABINGDON, Va. - The former Marion Police Chief who pleaded guilty to selling drugs has now been sentenced in U.S. District Court.
Michael Dean Roberts was sentenced to six years in prison Wednesday.
Authorities say Roberts sold hydrocodone and oxycodone pills, meth and cocaine from 2006 through last June. A confidential informant bought pills from Roberts on three separate occasions in May and June.
Roberts entered his guilty plea in July.
A federal prosecutor says some of the drugs Roberts sold came from the police department's evidence room.
- Updated Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson