ABINGDON, Va. - The former Marion Police Chief who pleaded guilty to selling drugs has now been sentenced in U.S. District Court.
Michael Dean Roberts was sentenced to six years in prison Wednesday.
Authorities say Roberts sold hydrocodone and oxycodone pills, meth and cocaine from 2006 through last June. A confidential informant bought pills from Roberts on three separate occasions in May and June.
Roberts entered his guilty plea in July.
A federal prosecutor says some of the drugs Roberts sold came from the police department's evidence room.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project