ABINGDON, Va. - The former Marion Police Chief who pleaded guilty to selling drugs has now been sentenced in U.S. District Court.
Michael Dean Roberts was sentenced to six years in prison Wednesday.
Authorities say Roberts sold hydrocodone and oxycodone pills, meth and cocaine from 2006 through last June. A confidential informant bought pills from Roberts on three separate occasions in May and June.
Roberts entered his guilty plea in July.
A federal prosecutor says some of the drugs Roberts sold came from the police department's evidence room.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport