ABINGDON, Va. - The former Marion Police Chief who pleaded guilty to selling drugs has now been sentenced in U.S. District Court.
Michael Dean Roberts was sentenced to six years in prison Wednesday.
Authorities say Roberts sold hydrocodone and oxycodone pills, meth and cocaine from 2006 through last June. A confidential informant bought pills from Roberts on three separate occasions in May and June.
Roberts entered his guilty plea in July.
A federal prosecutor says some of the drugs Roberts sold came from the police department's evidence room.
- Dolly Parton films final scenes at Dollywood for her new Christmas movie
- Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development