MARION, Va. - Former Marion, Virginia chief of police Michael Dean Roberts pleaded guilty to the distribution of controlled substances on Monday.
Roberts was charged with conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine, cocaine, oxycodone, and hydrocodone.
Investigators say an informant purchased hydrocodone pills from Roberts on three separate occasions in May and June earlier this year.
Roberts faces a maximum sentence of up to 20 years in prison and a potential $1,000,000 fine.
We're told sentencing is set for October 9.
- Updated Wise County receives grant for new protective order law
- Updated Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Updated Traffic advisory for Exit 17 on I-81 in Abingdon
- Authorities continue investigation into Sunday's fire in Johnson City
- Virginia Tech unveils plan for new business complex