MARION, Va. - A new trail gives fishing enthusiasts access to a river gorge in Smyth County.
The two-and-a-half mile South Fork Holston River Gorge Trail runs from the Buller Fish Hatchery in Marion into the gorge.
Reports said that supporters officially unveiled the trail Friday.
Bill Kittrell with the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries says the trail gives anglers safe public access to the river.
Kittrell says the daily catch limit is two fish that are at least 16 inches long. Anglers must use single hooks and artificial lures.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash