CHILHOWIE, Va. - An elderly woman is recovering after police say she was hit by a truck.
According to police in Chilhowie, Virginia , an 85-year-old woman, who is blind in her left eye, was walking across Highway 11 to Valley Health nursing home when a pick-up truck hit her Monday night.
We're told the truck hit the woman on her right side. Police don't believe the truck was speeding.
The woman was transported to Bristol Regional Medical Center with serious injures.
The name of the driver, passengers, and woman are not being released at this time. The incident is under investigation.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting