CHILHOWIE, Va. - An elderly woman is recovering after police say she was hit by a truck.
According to police in Chilhowie, Virginia , an 85-year-old woman, who is blind in her left eye, was walking across Highway 11 to Valley Health nursing home when a pick-up truck hit her Monday night.
We're told the truck hit the woman on her right side. Police don't believe the truck was speeding.
The woman was transported to Bristol Regional Medical Center with serious injures.
The name of the driver, passengers, and woman are not being released at this time. The incident is under investigation.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project