CHILHOWIE, Va. - An elderly woman is recovering after police say she was hit by a truck.
According to police in Chilhowie, Virginia , an 85-year-old woman, who is blind in her left eye, was walking across Highway 11 to Valley Health nursing home when a pick-up truck hit her Monday night.
We're told the truck hit the woman on her right side. Police don't believe the truck was speeding.
The woman was transported to Bristol Regional Medical Center with serious injures.
The name of the driver, passengers, and woman are not being released at this time. The incident is under investigation.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson