CHILHOWIE, Va. - An elderly woman is recovering after police say she was hit by a truck.
According to police in Chilhowie, Virginia , an 85-year-old woman, who is blind in her left eye, was walking across Highway 11 to Valley Health nursing home when a pick-up truck hit her Monday night.
We're told the truck hit the woman on her right side. Police don't believe the truck was speeding.
The woman was transported to Bristol Regional Medical Center with serious injures.
The name of the driver, passengers, and woman are not being released at this time. The incident is under investigation.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial