SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - One woman is dead and another charged with murder after a shooting in Smyth County.
The Smyth County Sheriff's Office tell us they received a call Sunday morning from a woman saying she shot another woman at a home on Saint-Clair's Creek Road in Chilhowie.
Deputies tell us when they arrived they found a woman with a gunshot wound to her chest.
She was taken to Johnston Memorial Hospital in Abingdon where she died.
Officers tell us 22-year-old Destinea Rowe was in the home.
She was arrested and charged with murder.
Rowe is being held without bond pending a June 24, 2014 arraignment date in the Smyth County General District Court.
The name of the victim has not been released pending notification of family.
Deputies say an autopsy has been order by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.
- New Video game player dies during non-stop marathon session
- New Correctional workers paint grim picture of Delaware prisons
- Updated 4 charged in death of 9-year-old boy with cerebral palsy
- Carter County robbery suspect captured
- Faculty respond to TBR's 'interim actions' taken at Northeast State Community College