MARION, Va. - A road is blocked after a dump truck overturns in Marion, Virginia on Tuesday.
Crews on scene tell us a contractor was working on a bridge project, but rolled his dump truck in a sharp curve on the 1100 block of Chatham Hill Road, also known as Old Lake Road.
Virginia Department of Transportation is blocking the road at the Highway 16/ Buchanan intersection and the Chatham Hill Road/ Harris Lane Intersection.
V-DOT is asking all drivers to use detours if you have to get to the area.
That road is expected to be closed until late Tuesday.
The driver was taken to the hospital, but is expected to be ok.
- Updated Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- New Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction
- Jury is out in first-degree murder case of Johnson City man
- Volunteer firefighters responded to RV fire in Bluff City
- Two men charged in the fatal shooting of Zaevion Dobson