MARION, Va. - A road is blocked after a dump truck overturns in Marion, Virginia on Tuesday.
Crews on scene tell us a contractor was working on a bridge project, but rolled his dump truck in a sharp curve on the 1100 block of Chatham Hill Road, also known as Old Lake Road.
Virginia Department of Transportation is blocking the road at the Highway 16/ Buchanan intersection and the Chatham Hill Road/ Harris Lane Intersection.
V-DOT is asking all drivers to use detours if you have to get to the area.
That road is expected to be closed until late Tuesday.
The driver was taken to the hospital, but is expected to be ok.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend