CHILHOWIE, Va. - Many residents across Smyth County will likely be without water today and there's no clear timetable of when the service will be restored.
Bill Boswell, the town manager for Chilhowie, tells us the town's water treatment plant is not working.
Crews have been working around the clock to make a critical repairs to the plant since Wednesday morning.
The town manager says the Chilhowie water supply is down to just a few hours of water in the reserves and many customers in Smyth County may already be experiencing a water outage.
Right now they are trying to tap into alternative water supplies, but so far they have not been successful.
He says they are beyond the conservation stage and says the town will in all likely hood run out of water Thursday.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone