SMYTH, Va. - Three local firefighters are recovering tonight after a high school homecoming bonfire exploded.
Students were at Marion High School's stadium for their annual homecoming bonfire. According to the Marion Volunteer Fire Department the fire exploded, injuring three firemen who were there assisting at the event.
They tell us two of the firefighters were treated and released, while the third suffered from what are believed to be first and second degree burns on ten percent of his body.
The names of the firefighters have not been released.
- New More sponsors for measure to repeal HB2, keep restrictions
- New West Virginia Senate would penalize sharing explicit images
- New Authorities investigating Carter County pharmacy armed robbery
- New Tennessee man faces negligent homicide charge in toddler's death
- New Instagram post leads to sex offender being sent back to prison