CHILHOWIE, Va. - If the family cooks didn't feel like getting in kitchen this Easter Sunday, many restaurants were catering to the Easter crowd.
Riverfront Restaurant in Chilhowie had Easter fixings on their special holiday buffet.
Like many places, Riverfront Restaurant usually sees more customers on Easter Sunday than on a regular Sunday.
Restaurant workers tell us customers who come in on Easter usually don't have family in the area or they don't want to spend a lot of time cooking at home. "People come in and sit down for a good home-cooked meal. They don't have to worry about going home, fixing anything, and cleaning up a mess. We do it all here for them. They seem to enjoy it; they seem to enjoy the atmosphere. So it makes for a good day," said Kristi Frazier, Riverfront Restaurant server.
The National Restaurant Association estimates that 33 million Americans will dine out on this Easter Sunday.
- Tennessee general fund revenues beat projections by $159M
- Georgia firefighter dies after weekend accident on job
- Report: Suicides increase in Tennessee
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting