CHILHOWIE, Va. - If the family cooks didn't feel like getting in kitchen this Easter Sunday, many restaurants were catering to the Easter crowd.
Riverfront Restaurant in Chilhowie had Easter fixings on their special holiday buffet.
Like many places, Riverfront Restaurant usually sees more customers on Easter Sunday than on a regular Sunday.
Restaurant workers tell us customers who come in on Easter usually don't have family in the area or they don't want to spend a lot of time cooking at home. "People come in and sit down for a good home-cooked meal. They don't have to worry about going home, fixing anything, and cleaning up a mess. We do it all here for them. They seem to enjoy it; they seem to enjoy the atmosphere. So it makes for a good day," said Kristi Frazier, Riverfront Restaurant server.
The National Restaurant Association estimates that 33 million Americans will dine out on this Easter Sunday.
- Updated BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Updated Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview