SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - More than a hundred new jobs are headed to the region, with a company expansion.
Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe announced 160 new jobs are headed to Smyth County.
Mayville Engineering Company, Inc.'s $10 million dollar investment will help expand to a new manufacturing facility in the former Merillat plant in Atkins. The company already has a facility in Wytheville.
MEC's processes include complete metal fabrication, tube forming and coatings.
The company says an open house will be held in December.
- Updated Figure skater Scott Hamilton diagnosed with 3rd brain tumor
- Life Care agrees to pay $145 million for role in false claims to Medicare, TRICARE
- Trial in Carter County begins for man accused of trying to kill deputy while in jail
- Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall