SMYTH COUNTY, Va. - More than a hundred new jobs are headed to the region, with a company expansion.
Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe announced 160 new jobs are headed to Smyth County.
Mayville Engineering Company, Inc.'s $10 million dollar investment will help expand to a new manufacturing facility in the former Merillat plant in Atkins. The company already has a facility in Wytheville.
MEC's processes include complete metal fabrication, tube forming and coatings.
The company says an open house will be held in December.
- Updated Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate
- Shop sells shirts to raise $40K for fallen officer's family
- Case of Greene Co. man accused in shooting sent to grand jury