WINCHESTER, Va. - A small airplane has crashed at Winchester Regional Airport while conducting touch-and-go landings.
Airport manager and executive director Serena Manuel says the Cessna 195 veered off a runway Sunday. The plane took out a runway light and went through a sign before stopping in grass.
Manuel says the pilot and a passenger weren't injured. The crash damaged the plane's left wing and tore off the left landing gear.
She says the airport is shut down until it receives approval from the Federal Aviation Administration to remove the airplane.
The flight originated in Martinsburg, W.Va.
Virginia State Police are investigating.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day