WINCHESTER, Va. - A small airplane has crashed at Winchester Regional Airport while conducting touch-and-go landings.
Airport manager and executive director Serena Manuel says the Cessna 195 veered off a runway Sunday. The plane took out a runway light and went through a sign before stopping in grass.
Manuel says the pilot and a passenger weren't injured. The crash damaged the plane's left wing and tore off the left landing gear.
She says the airport is shut down until it receives approval from the Federal Aviation Administration to remove the airplane.
The flight originated in Martinsburg, W.Va.
Virginia State Police are investigating.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect
- Southwest VA school gets national recognition