WINCHESTER, Va. - A small airplane has crashed at Winchester Regional Airport while conducting touch-and-go landings.
Airport manager and executive director Serena Manuel says the Cessna 195 veered off a runway Sunday. The plane took out a runway light and went through a sign before stopping in grass.
Manuel says the pilot and a passenger weren't injured. The crash damaged the plane's left wing and tore off the left landing gear.
She says the airport is shut down until it receives approval from the Federal Aviation Administration to remove the airplane.
The flight originated in Martinsburg, W.Va.
Virginia State Police are investigating.
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire