Some small business owners in the coalfields are complaining about debts owed to them by a West Virginia billionaire that the Associated Press says owns dozens of mines.
Some of these businesses filed lawsuits against Jim Justice. They say they performed work for his companies but were never paid.
Justice told the Associated Press his coal mines have debts to vendors but he will pay them. He blamed the delay on the struggling coal industry.
There are five lawsuits that have been filed since 2011 in Virginia, Kentucky and Tennessee.
Justice also owns the famous Greenbrier Hotel.
- New Another step in the $50 million BVU - Sunset deal
- Heavy machinery stolen in Washington County, Tenn.
- Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Updated Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate