ORANGE, Va. (AP) - Officials say a 4-year-old boy has died after shooting himself at a Virginia child care provider.
The Orange County Sheriff's Office said in a statement Tuesday that the shooting happened Monday at a child care provider that's also the home of a Stafford County deputy sheriff.
Officials say the child was pronounced dead at the scene. Officials say the deputy wasn't home at the time of the shooting and the gun was not a service weapon.
The sheriff's office says an autopsy is being conducted and further details won't be released until its investigation is complete.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tractor Trailer crash on I-81 causing delays
- Big Brothers Big Sisters mentors give Christmas presents to their mentees
- Crews out in force to keep roads safe Friday
- Scott County woman plays role of Santa Claus; distributes hundreds of presents to kids in need
- Sheriff: Homicide victim identified in Hawkins County