Engineers, geologists and transportation planners will meet at James Madison University to discuss the impact of geohazards on transportation.
The three-day event begins Tuesday in Harrisonburg. Officials say members of the Appalachian States Coalition meet annually to share information about rock falls and landslides along highways, as well as seismic activity and hazard-prone areas impacting transportation. They will also discuss risk assessment and emergency response.
Representatives will represent several states, including Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky and North Carolina.
- Updated UPDATE: Kingsport Police arrest murder suspect
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody