SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - A Scott County, Virginia woman has entered a guilty plea to first degree murder and defiling a corpse.
Investigators say she told them her husband, Billy Ray Napier, died in a car accident. He was reported missing on April 11, 2012.
They found his remains in Yuma with hay and gasoline around it. Prosecutors say he was shot to death.
Melissa's daughter, 15-year-old Savannah Napier, is also being charged as an adult with the first degree murder of her father.
Melissa Napier is scheduled to be sentenced on October 30.
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood