SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - A Scott County, Virginia woman has entered a guilty plea to first degree murder and defiling a corpse.
Investigators say she told them her husband, Billy Ray Napier, died in a car accident. He was reported missing on April 11, 2012.
They found his remains in Yuma with hay and gasoline around it. Prosecutors say he was shot to death.
Melissa's daughter, 15-year-old Savannah Napier, is also being charged as an adult with the first degree murder of her father.
Melissa Napier is scheduled to be sentenced on October 30.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City