GATE CITY, Va. - A reported robbery in Gate City turned out to be a lie.
Here's what we know -- 47-year-old Lillie Osborne is charged with making a false statement to law enforcement and breaking and entering.
Police say she tried to repot a burglary at her home on Nicklesville Road, saying her boyfriend tried to break in.
Police say when they answered the call they saw Osborne trying to pry the back door open and they also discovered she did not live at the home.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect