WISE COUNTY, Va. - The 37th annual Mountain Empire Older Citizens walkathon has been rescheduled to May 19th due to inclement weather.
The walkathon is the largest fundraiser for the Emergency Fuel Fund for the Elderly, which assists older people with the cost of heating their homes during the winter.
We're told the walkathon will still be held at Union High School in Big Stone Gap, Virginia.
If you can't make the new time we're told you can always bring your money and form to the MEOC office at any time.
MEOC services Lee, Wise and Scott counties as well as the City of Norton.
In 2012 MEOC responded to approximately 1,500 requests.
- New Video game player dies during non-stop marathon session
- New Correctional workers paint grim picture of Delaware prisons
- Updated 4 charged in death of 9-year-old boy with cerebral palsy
- Carter County robbery suspect captured
- Faculty respond to TBR's 'interim actions' taken at Northeast State Community College