WISE COUNTY, Va. - The 37th annual Mountain Empire Older Citizens walkathon has been rescheduled to May 19th due to inclement weather.
The walkathon is the largest fundraiser for the Emergency Fuel Fund for the Elderly, which assists older people with the cost of heating their homes during the winter.
We're told the walkathon will still be held at Union High School in Big Stone Gap, Virginia.
If you can't make the new time we're told you can always bring your money and form to the MEOC office at any time.
MEOC services Lee, Wise and Scott counties as well as the City of Norton.
In 2012 MEOC responded to approximately 1,500 requests.
- Updated UPDATE: Suspects were living in Saltville murder victim's home
- Lawyer: Experts say man who beheaded son ready for release
- ETSU restructures Forbes' contract for bonuses
- Supreme Court mainly rules for black voters in Virginia case
- Report: Pennsylvania woman shoots husband after casserole argument