We have an update on a Virginia State Trooper after he is injured on the job.
Doctors at the Shepherd Center in Atlanta says injured Virginia State Trooper James Lawson is making significant progress from injuries he sustained when his car crashed following a chase in Scott County on April 9.
Trooper Lawson suffered a spinal cord injury. They tell us he is able to walk short distances while using a nerve-stimulating device.
We also found out he is being discharged from the Shepherd Center's inpatient program Monday and then starts the hospital's day patient program the next day.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone