We have an update on a Virginia State Trooper after he is injured on the job.
Doctors at the Shepherd Center in Atlanta says injured Virginia State Trooper James Lawson is making significant progress from injuries he sustained when his car crashed following a chase in Scott County on April 9.
Trooper Lawson suffered a spinal cord injury. They tell us he is able to walk short distances while using a nerve-stimulating device.
We also found out he is being discharged from the Shepherd Center's inpatient program Monday and then starts the hospital's day patient program the next day.
- Updated Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated