The three women arrested following a police chase where shots were fired at Gate City officers earlier this week made their first court appearance Thursday.
Autumn L. Gillis, 28, Elisabeth G. Lloyd, 26, and Lauren D. Venable, 24, all of Kingsport, Tennessee, were arraigned in Scott County General District Court.
Gillis is charged with reckless use of a firearm along with breaking and entering and grand larceny. Venable is also charged with breaking and entering and larceny along with felony eluding. Lloyd also faces a eluding charge, according to court records.
The trio was formally charged Wednesday following the Tuesday night chase in the Manville area. The Virginia State Police reported that Gillis fired the shots at the two pursuing Gate City policeman. Neither officer was injured.
Lloyd was arrested after the car crashed. Venable and Gillis were found after a search Wednesday morning.
- Updated American Merchant investing $19M, creating 400 new jobs in Bristol, Virginia
- Controversial Kentucky lawmaker accused of sexual assault
- UPDATE: Tennessee boy overwhelmed by support after viral bullying video
- Man deported after rape conviction in Tennessee tried to enter U.S.
- Turbulent U.S. Senate race in Alabama now in the hands of the voters