The Virginia State Police has filed additional charges against a trio of Sullivan County, Tennessee women who were apprehended following a police chase late Tuesday.
The VSP report says Autumn L. Gillis, 28, of Kingsport, fired multiple shots at a pursuing Gate City officer in his vehicle. She is charged with one count of felony eluding, obstruction/resisting law enforcement and reckless use of a firearm.
The two other women Elisabeth G. Lloyd, 26, and Lauren D. Venable, 24, also of Kingsport, are both charged with one count of felony eluding, the report said.
The chase began just after 10:30 p.m. when the Gate City officer initiated a traffic stop on the car occupied by the three women.
The two officers with Gate City were not injured during the chase or the shooting, the VSP report said.
The car crashed on Spivey Mill Lane and Lloyd remained and the scene and then arrested. Gillis and Venable were apprehended early Wednesday morning.
A report from the Scott County Sheriff's Office issued earlier Wednesday said Venable and Gillis were also being charged with breaking and entering and grand larceny.
- Updated American Merchant investing $19M, creating 400 new jobs in Bristol, Virginia
- Controversial Kentucky lawmaker accused of sexual assault
- UPDATE: Tennessee boy overwhelmed by support after viral bullying video
- Man deported after rape conviction in Tennessee tried to enter U.S.
- Turbulent U.S. Senate race in Alabama now in the hands of the voters