Photo Credit: Lacy Sweeney
Two homes are destroyed after two separate fires in Gate City Saturday.
The first fire (pictured here) happened around 5:30 Saturday morning on Willow Street.
Officials say the home was engulfed in flames by the time they arrived.
Fire Captain Logan McCracken said there was one person inside the home.
He suffered minor injures, but was not brought to the hospital.
McCracken said they are not sure how it started. He said the Red Cross is assisting the person who lived there.
A second fire destroyed another home in Gate City Saturday in a separate incident.
McCracken said this one happened around 1 p.m. on Ruritan Run Road.
He said there were a few occupants inside, but there were no injures.
He said the cause isn't fully determined, but the home owners think it has to do with their dryer.
The Red Cross is also assisting in this case.
- New Tri-Cities among lowest unemployment rate in Tennessee: economic growth in our region
- Local man living in Puerto Rico taking food to people in need; family accepting donations
- Chicks With Hits: Female country trio comes to Bristol
- Well known economist speaks in Bristol
- Senate Judiciary approves Kingsport native Overbey for U.S. Attorney for East TN