NICKLESVILLE, Va. - Crystal Gail Smith and Donald Wayne Snodgrass, both from Nicklesville, Virginia, are facing charges.
Smith is charged with felony abuse and neglect and Snodgrass is charged with aggravated malicious wounding of a child along with felony abuse and neglect.
The Sheriff tells us officers responded to a home on Sabras Chapel Road in Nickelsville.
Officers say an investigation revealed Smith's 14-month-old boy had two black eyes, bruising on the left arm and a knot his head.
The child was taken to the hospital for treatment.
The case remains under investigation.
- Updated Firefighters battle Scott County house fire
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim