NICKLESVILLE, Va. - Crystal Gail Smith and Donald Wayne Snodgrass, both from Nicklesville, Virginia, are facing charges.
Smith is charged with felony abuse and neglect and Snodgrass is charged with aggravated malicious wounding of a child along with felony abuse and neglect.
The Sheriff tells us officers responded to a home on Sabras Chapel Road in Nickelsville.
Officers say an investigation revealed Smith's 14-month-old boy had two black eyes, bruising on the left arm and a knot his head.
The child was taken to the hospital for treatment.
The case remains under investigation.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project