NICKLESVILLE, Va. - Crystal Gail Smith and Donald Wayne Snodgrass, both from Nicklesville, Virginia, are facing charges.
Smith is charged with felony abuse and neglect and Snodgrass is charged with aggravated malicious wounding of a child along with felony abuse and neglect.
The Sheriff tells us officers responded to a home on Sabras Chapel Road in Nickelsville.
Officers say an investigation revealed Smith's 14-month-old boy had two black eyes, bruising on the left arm and a knot his head.
The child was taken to the hospital for treatment.
The case remains under investigation.
- Updated U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome