NICKLESVILLE, Va. - Crystal Gail Smith and Donald Wayne Snodgrass, both from Nicklesville, Virginia, are facing charges.
Smith is charged with felony abuse and neglect and Snodgrass is charged with aggravated malicious wounding of a child along with felony abuse and neglect.
The Sheriff tells us officers responded to a home on Sabras Chapel Road in Nickelsville.
Officers say an investigation revealed Smith's 14-month-old boy had two black eyes, bruising on the left arm and a knot his head.
The child was taken to the hospital for treatment.
The case remains under investigation.
- Updated BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Updated Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview