GATE CITY, Va. - A routine traffic stop ended in the arrests of three people in Gate City, Virginia on Saturday.
Police say they face a lengthy list of charges after being stopped by Officers Joseph Ewing and Tracy Rhoton on U-S Highway 23 North near the Food Lion intersection.
Officers say after pulling over a Gray Dodge pickup they discovered the driver, Patrick Mitchell Hess of Kingsport, was driving on a revoked license and is a habitual motor offender. He was arrested on both charges.
Officers also say a search of the inside of the truck turned up several syringes, including one containing a red liquid. They also report finding several glass tubes and a small plastic baggie containing a white substance.
Hess' two passengers were also arrested. Police identify them as Ace Rose of Norton, Va. and Rachael Lynn Clark of Kingsport. They were arrested on drug charges.
During a bond hearing it was discovered Ace Rose gave the court his brother's personal information, misrepresenting himself as his brother. After they were transported to the Duffield Regional Jail, it was discovered Rose has intentionally given wrong information. He faces a charge for that as well.
All three remain in jail with a hearing set for May 25.
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day
- Wanted man leads officers on multiple-state chase