A group in Gate City is making a paper chain outside the Scott County Courthouse to raise awareness about the Senate health care bill.
The organization called We Care Southwest Virginia opposes that bill and on Monday, members put together 3,300 links that they say those represent the 3,300 people in Scott County that could lose health coverage if the GOP bill passes.
The chain will be part of a 62,000 link chain that is scheduled to be taken to Radford.
“So the sixty two thousand link long paper chain, which will be about 3 miles long, will be presented to Congressman Morgan Griffith who voted and very strongly supported the health care bill,” said We Care spokesperson Peggy Mathews
Majority leader Mitch McConnell has already pushed back a vote once and changes are being made to the current draft bill.
- President Trump and family now land owners in Hawkins County
- Businesses in downtown Marion deck the windows for holiday contest
- UPDATE: Bristol, Tennessee man sentenced to 10 years for child sex crimes
- Sullivan County Highway Department has new tools to clear slippery roads
- UPDATE: Governor Haslam offers $5K reward for info on Bristol Walmart murder