SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - A verdict is delivered in a 2011 Christmas Day murder in Scott County, Virginia.
Charlie Joe Ramey has been found guilty of first degree degree murder in the shooting death of Gregory Hale, according to the Commonwealth's Attorney's office. That shooting happened at Hale's Nickelsville home.
Ramey was arrested last April and was the second person charged in the case. Charges against the first defendant were dropped after, prosecutors say, an original witness lied about what happened.
Ramey will return to court tomorrow.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game