SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - A verdict is delivered in a 2011 Christmas Day murder in Scott County, Virginia.
Charlie Joe Ramey has been found guilty of first degree degree murder in the shooting death of Gregory Hale, according to the Commonwealth's Attorney's office. That shooting happened at Hale's Nickelsville home.
Ramey was arrested last April and was the second person charged in the case. Charges against the first defendant were dropped after, prosecutors say, an original witness lied about what happened.
Ramey will return to court tomorrow.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities