We brought you a story back in October about 2-year-old Mia Taylor, who is struggling with a rare disease.
She, like so many other children, is being helped by St. Jude Children's Hospital. Click here to read more.
Family and friends of Mia want to repay St. Jude for what they are doing for her. On Saturday, November 23, they will hold a fundraising event at Addington Oil Company's parking lot in Weber City, Virginia.
Assorted cakes, pies, brownies, cookies, hot coffee, hotdogs and taco soup will be offered.
All of the proceeds raised during the event will be given to Saint Jude.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities