We brought you a story back in October about 2-year-old Mia Taylor, who is struggling with a rare disease.
She, like so many other children, is being helped by St. Jude Children's Hospital. Click here to read more.
Family and friends of Mia want to repay St. Jude for what they are doing for her. On Saturday, November 23, they will hold a fundraising event at Addington Oil Company's parking lot in Weber City, Virginia.
Assorted cakes, pies, brownies, cookies, hot coffee, hotdogs and taco soup will be offered.
All of the proceeds raised during the event will be given to Saint Jude.
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated