SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - Jason Byrns came one step closer to learning his fate on Tuesday.
Byrns is accused of capital attempted murder after leading police say he led them on a high-speed chase that stretched from Weber City to other side of Gate City. Click here to read more about the chase.
The chase ended in a crash, leaving Virginia State Trooper Jamie Lawson critically injured in April. Click here to read more about Lawson's recovery.
Jason Byrns walked of the Scott County courthouse Tuesday after he learned that the his case would go to the grand jury. "We alleged that during the chase the defendant tried to kill [Trooper Lawson]," said Marcus McClung, Commonwealth's Attorney.
Trooper Lawson testified at the hearing.
Byrns faces other charges including drug possession. A grand jury will hear the case October 3.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Updated New release dates for "Toy Story 4" and "Incredibles 2"
- Updated Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Texas teen gets life for death of man who wouldn't buy beer