A Scott County woman is scheduled to go on trial next month on eight felony charges based on an April arrest for child abuse.
Court records obtained by News 5 show Summer Stallard is scheduled for a two-day trial beginning June 27 in Circuit Court in Gate City.
Summer and Luke Aaron Stallard, both of Weber City, were both indicted by a grand jury in April on four counts of child abuse / serious injury and four counts of child cruelty after the abuse was reported to police in December, the records show.
Luke Stallard has a trial date set for July 20. Both are currently free after posting bond earlier this month.
- Updated UPDATE: TBI identifies shooting victim in Piney Flats incident
- New Investigators say D.B. Cooper letter confirms suspect, FBI cover-up
- Former Virginia death row inmate granted parole
- Hummus recalled over possible bacterial contamination
- School board facing time, money constraints to renovate Jonesborough school