SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - Scott County, Virginia authorities dropped a rape charge against a Church Hill man.
Scotty Lee Bishop was charged last week.
According to the Kingsport Times News, the woman that made the claim against Bishop recanted the statements she gave authorities.
Prosecutors say they will now discuss the case with Bishop and his attorney to decide whether to charge the woman who made the rape accusation.
Bishop was released from jail on Monday, June 24.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash