SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - Scott County, Virginia authorities dropped a rape charge against a Church Hill man.
Scotty Lee Bishop was charged last week.
According to the Kingsport Times News, the woman that made the claim against Bishop recanted the statements she gave authorities.
Prosecutors say they will now discuss the case with Bishop and his attorney to decide whether to charge the woman who made the rape accusation.
Bishop was released from jail on Monday, June 24.
- Updated Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- New Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction
- Jury is out in first-degree murder case of Johnson City man
- Volunteer firefighters responded to RV fire in Bluff City
- Two men charged in the fatal shooting of Zaevion Dobson