SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - Scott County, Virginia authorities dropped a rape charge against a Church Hill man.
Scotty Lee Bishop was charged last week.
According to the Kingsport Times News, the woman that made the claim against Bishop recanted the statements she gave authorities.
Prosecutors say they will now discuss the case with Bishop and his attorney to decide whether to charge the woman who made the rape accusation.
Bishop was released from jail on Monday, June 24.
- Updated UPDATE: Suspects were living in Saltville murder victim's home
- Lawyer: Experts say man who beheaded son ready for release
- ETSU restructures Forbes' contract for bonuses
- Supreme Court mainly rules for black voters in Virginia case
- Report: Pennsylvania woman shoots husband after casserole argument