SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - Scott County, Virginia authorities dropped a rape charge against a Church Hill man.
Scotty Lee Bishop was charged last week.
According to the Kingsport Times News, the woman that made the claim against Bishop recanted the statements she gave authorities.
Prosecutors say they will now discuss the case with Bishop and his attorney to decide whether to charge the woman who made the rape accusation.
Bishop was released from jail on Monday, June 24.
- New Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School