SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - Scott County, Virginia authorities dropped a rape charge against a Church Hill man.
Scotty Lee Bishop was charged last week.
According to the Kingsport Times News, the woman that made the claim against Bishop recanted the statements she gave authorities.
Prosecutors say they will now discuss the case with Bishop and his attorney to decide whether to charge the woman who made the rape accusation.
Bishop was released from jail on Monday, June 24.
- Updated Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death