A Gate City man is facing charges after a police standoff at an apartment complex.
Witnesses say they saw Timothy Wayne Sturgill shoot a gun towards Gate City High School near a field where football practice was going on Tuesday.
Officers say they found several empty cartridges near Sturgill's apartment Wednesday night, as well as bullet holes through his apartment floor.
Police say Sturgill refused officer commands to answer the door while holding other people inside. After about a half an hour, officers say they entered to find Sturgill intoxicated.
Sturgill is charged with two counts of abduction, shooting inside an occupied dwelling, shooting within one thousand feet of a school, and resisting arrest.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game