A local rescue squad has shut its doors which has left leaders in one southwest Virginia county scrambling to make sure emergency calls are answered.
Emergency calls are still being answered, but News 5 has learned emergencies that Nickelsville Rescue Squad would have handled are now being worked by the Scott County Life Saving Crew along with other local rescue squads.
That plan will stay in place until county leaders can work out a long term solution.
County leaders added Nickelsville Rescue Squad closed after an internal fight between members and leadership. County officials met Thursday afternoon to figure out how they will move forward.
- Smyth County animal shelter temporarily shutting down
- Kingsport Police arrest man wanted in multiple cities
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone