SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - There are new developments in the case of suspected fraud and neglect at the former Brian Center nursing home in Scott County, Virginia.
On Monday Vicki Cox made hear first appearance in federal court in Big Stone Gap. Her attorney, John Weber, told News 5 Cox pleaded not guilty to health care fraud, wire fraud, and racketeering. Cox's trial is set for January 5.
The indictment says Cox and three other operators defrauded Medicare and Virginia Medicaid by operating without sufficient certified nursing assistants and supplies.
Investigators also says residents were living in unsanitary conditions.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City