SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - There are new developments in the case of suspected fraud and neglect at the former Brian Center nursing home in Scott County, Virginia.
On Monday Vicki Cox made hear first appearance in federal court in Big Stone Gap. Her attorney, John Weber, told News 5 Cox pleaded not guilty to health care fraud, wire fraud, and racketeering. Cox's trial is set for January 5.
The indictment says Cox and three other operators defrauded Medicare and Virginia Medicaid by operating without sufficient certified nursing assistants and supplies.
Investigators also says residents were living in unsanitary conditions.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game