SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - There are new developments in the case of suspected fraud and neglect at the former Brian Center nursing home in Scott County, Virginia.
On Monday Vicki Cox made hear first appearance in federal court in Big Stone Gap. Her attorney, John Weber, told News 5 Cox pleaded not guilty to health care fraud, wire fraud, and racketeering. Cox's trial is set for January 5.
The indictment says Cox and three other operators defrauded Medicare and Virginia Medicaid by operating without sufficient certified nursing assistants and supplies.
Investigators also says residents were living in unsanitary conditions.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend