SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - There are new developments in the case of suspected fraud and neglect at the former Brian Center nursing home in Scott County, Virginia.
On Monday Vicki Cox made hear first appearance in federal court in Big Stone Gap. Her attorney, John Weber, told News 5 Cox pleaded not guilty to health care fraud, wire fraud, and racketeering. Cox's trial is set for January 5.
The indictment says Cox and three other operators defrauded Medicare and Virginia Medicaid by operating without sufficient certified nursing assistants and supplies.
Investigators also says residents were living in unsanitary conditions.
- New Baby raccoons saved following Bristol storm
- New Department of Corrections holds law enforcement appreciation lunch
- New Severe weather traps residents in vehicles, hits homes
- New Hall of Famer's widow causes stir with memorabilia auction
- Updated Sextuplets thriving after delivery at Virginia hospital