SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - A man involved in a high-speed police chase in Scott County, Virginia earlier this year pled guilty to several charges.
According to Commonwealth's Attorney Marcus McClung, Jason Byrnes pled guilty to aggravated malicious wounding, felony wounding, three counts of felony assault of a police officer, drug distribution and property damage.
In April, Byrnes led the Scott County Sheriff's Office and Virginia State Police in a chase that ended in a crash. Click here to read more.
Byrnes is scheduled to be sentenced January 29.
- Updated Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate
- Shop sells shirts to raise $40K for fallen officer's family
- Case of Greene Co. man accused in shooting sent to grand jury