SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - A man involved in a high-speed police chase in Scott County, Virginia earlier this year pled guilty to several charges.
According to Commonwealth's Attorney Marcus McClung, Jason Byrnes pled guilty to aggravated malicious wounding, felony wounding, three counts of felony assault of a police officer, drug distribution and property damage.
In April, Byrnes led the Scott County Sheriff's Office and Virginia State Police in a chase that ended in a crash. Click here to read more.
Byrnes is scheduled to be sentenced January 29.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport