SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - A Southwest Virginia man was arrested in Sullivan County, Tennessee, accused of beating a baby.
According to Scott County Commonwealth's Attorney Marcus McClung, Jeremy Scott Owens is accused of beating his 11-week-old son.
Scott County Sheriff's deputies were called to investigate after the child was taken to a local hospital nearly two weeks ago. We're told the infant had a broken leg and ribs.
He's currently being held in the Sullivan County Detention Center.
- New KISS concert in Manchester canceled after terrorist attacks
- New Tennessee governor signs NRA-backed metal detector gun bill
- New Former Texas nurse accused of killing dozens of kids in '80s
- UPDATE: Johnson County juvenile pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Muslim man sues Little Caesars over pizza labeled 'halal'