SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - A Southwest Virginia man was arrested in Sullivan County, Tennessee, accused of beating a baby.
According to Scott County Commonwealth's Attorney Marcus McClung, Jeremy Scott Owens is accused of beating his 11-week-old son.
Scott County Sheriff's deputies were called to investigate after the child was taken to a local hospital nearly two weeks ago. We're told the infant had a broken leg and ribs.
He's currently being held in the Sullivan County Detention Center.
- Updated Police investigation into Newport News suspect ends in Smyth County
- Greene County teen admits to murder
- Updated Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger
- Hot summer weather ruins crops in the region, benefits others
- Police identify person of interest in old General Mills building fire