SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - A Southwest Virginia man was arrested in Sullivan County, Tennessee, accused of beating a baby.
According to Scott County Commonwealth's Attorney Marcus McClung, Jeremy Scott Owens is accused of beating his 11-week-old son.
Scott County Sheriff's deputies were called to investigate after the child was taken to a local hospital nearly two weeks ago. We're told the infant had a broken leg and ribs.
He's currently being held in the Sullivan County Detention Center.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash